How often should I change the water filter on my refrigerator? In our business, we hear that question so often, and I cringe every time I hear it. Your water filter should be changed every 6 months to a year. Your owner's manual will be helpful in determining how often to change your filter. It might be time to drag out the warranty booklet and see just what kind of water filter you have. Many water filters are underneath the unit, behind the kick panel, so it isn't unusual for people to forget about them entirely. However, regularly changing your water filter is not only important for your own health, but also the longevity of your fridge.
If you own a maytag refrigerator that has an icemaker or water dispenser, you need to change the water filters occasionally. This will allow you to have water that is clean and free of chlorine and other bad tastes and odors.
Usually, all you need to do is turn the kitchenaid water filter and replace it with a new one. You can discover the type and style you need by either checking the user's manual or looking on the fridge for the model number. Sometimes, inside where the filter goes, there will be a sticker that tells you what type of filter you need. Then you just need to purchase the recommended maytag water filter and place it inside.
These filters usually retain fluoride, and are NSF certified to lower the amount of cysts, lead, mercury, chlorine, odors, and other contaminants. Usually, the filter needs to be changed once every six months to keep your refrigerator with clean water.
There are several different types of water filters designed for various maytag products. Some of the various types are:
1. Bottom mount- This type of best refrigerator water filter can be used in Kitchen Aid and Whirlpool refrigerators that feature a filter on the inside and bottom of the appliance. You just have to twist to install this type of filter.
2. Interior Turn- For use in refrigerators that have the filter on the inside. Turning the old filter will remove it, and all you do is twist in the new one.
3. In the Grille Turn- This type of water filter is used for side-by-side refrigerator freezers like Whirlpool, KitchenAid, and maytag kitchenaid refrigerator filters . You just have to do aquarter turn to take out the old filter and put in a new one. It is used to remove lead, chlorine, and particulates, and mercury. It retains fluoride while removing contaminants.
4. In the grille-Turn (Cysts)- Much like the regular in the grille turn filter, but it is much stronger, and can filter better. It gets out cysts, asbestos, class 1 particulates, lead, chlorine, and mercury.
5. In the Grille Turn (Top freezer)- Made for JennAir, Whirlpool, and KitchenAid refrigerators water filter that have a top freezer.
6. In the grille push Button- This water filter is designed to be used in Amana, Whirlpool, maytag, KitchenAid, and JennAir side-by-side units. It features a release button that makes changing the filter fast and easy.
7. In the Grill fast fill- This water filter is made by PUR, and is designed for maytag brand refrigerators. It has a fast push button design and is made for quick water service.
8. Namtso - This is a Namtso filter that has more advanced filtration, and is certified by the National Sanitation Foundation.
9. In Line system- This type of water filter is used to place a filter outside of the cheap refrigerator water filters . You can use it with any type of refrigerator that uses a water line. It has a by-pass valve built in, and after it is installed, it only needs a quarter turn to replace. https://namtsoblog.wordpress.com/2016/05/04/are-there-any-benefits-from-drinking-filtered-water-as-opposed-to-municipal-tap-water/